Tuesday, January 17, 2012

They see me sittin', they hatin'

Hello readers!
I came prepared with a riddle for you guys;
What's short, round, brown, smelly, and barks all day?
No, no not a dog. Never in my life will I dream of insulting those fluffy balls of love.
I'm referring to this Malay lady in my office, obviously.

I think I'm starting to get the culture of this office, especially amongst the HR Department.
This, sadly, also brings me to wonder what powerful demon I've offended that I now have to bear the curse of working for such a sad company. So back to the HR Department; most people who've crossed paths with them can attest that far too often, they're grumpy little bitches. They're also the whiniest and lowest bunch of scums in the office hierarchy.. well at least in my case.

Today however, I'll single out just one, because of her great potential to keep me delightfully entertained for the rest of my internship. A couple of weeks ago, I was kinda reluctantly introduced to her world. How does that work? For hours on end, all I could hear was her whining about her miserable workload and her kids failing PSLE. (ROFL)
So how in Aladdin's magic lamp did I get involved eh? Well during the first few weeks of internship, I was asked to help them scan various files of about 200 pages each on average; you know, because they're so incapable of cleaning after themselves. But I did what any innocent, gullible intern would do: agree to help. My lecturer became suspicious when my log book was filled with pages of "scanned files" when I should really be sticking to my job scope.

Which genius suggested that I help them? No prizes though; it's fairly obvious.

Back to the story, I tried ignoring my lecturer's concern and continued helping, albeit a lengthened spell of leaky faucet nose, because some of those fucking files dated back to 1950. I mean, do you have any idea how dusty and old that shit is?
And finally, with a pool of mucus and mainly just fucking annoyed, I decided to give in to my dying nose and stopped helping them. Now this is where the fun begins. Instantly, the HR Department; especially that lady, (whom I will hereafter refer to as Roly Poly) started giving me the cold shoulder. I became from friend to foe, just like that. I'd like to point out however, that I never considered myself a friend of the office in the first place, and who can blame me? An office with The Chimp, Roly Poly and a thousand lethal diseases hiding in dark corners? NO THANKS BRO.

Not satisfied with being idiots for a day, the circus resumed business ever since, quizzing my supervisor about me "not doing any work" simply because I was sitting down and not walking about; and that's just the first act. Today, Roly Poly thought she was being all diva and cool by openly bitching about me. "...he doesn't want to scan, what to do? He has the right to."
BAM! When I stopped laughing, I figured I'd wanna write about this, since it's only right that I spread my joy to you lovely readers.

How amusing, how warm it is, that I'm causing your emotions to run around with their pants off, Roly Poly. The joy that you bring into my life, is something I can never repay you. So keep bitching, cause it's like watching a cartoon from the 90s - oh what's that show.. OH POPEYE! It's like you're Brutus and I'm the hamburger guy, getting crumbs on my pants and not giving a fuck while you rage more.

I'll miss this company, to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment