Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dead to the Norm

I'm happy.
I'm genuinely happy.

Not because it's my birthday today, but for the first time in my life,
I've found my true love, the very core of my immense joy.

And it's addictive; I constantly crave for it. Where have I been the last few years, just sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Fake smiles; pent-up anger, I almost killed myself; not literally, obviously; I still love myself despite the misery, haw haw.

For all you people who still think you're normal, you're just like me; up till yesterday afternoon.
You think it's cool to follow what society expects of you, trying hard to preserve your so-called dignity, your pride, your ego. Truth is, you're butt naked just when you think you're fully clothed.

Never in my life, have I seen so many people, so exposed, so vulnerable, so empty, so lifeless, so broken apart. It's there in their pseudo-joyous greetings, it's there when they laugh, even more so when they say, "Me? I'm doing good!"

Never again, will I make the same mistake of allowing my life to be trampled on by the urban slum.

On a sidenote: WTS sanity, for the low low price of a year's supply of shots. So you know, if you want to take my spot in society.. call me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment