Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spontaneous

In the name of boredom and a complete lack of entertainment, I will post about anything that's spewing from my twisted mind.

It's like 8 in the morning right now and I've been in the office since 7:30. I think my lecturers back in my polytechnic would be kicking themselves right now for not having me back in class this term, seeing as I'm hardly ever on time. Then again, it's hard to be self-motivated into regular punctuality when your course is utter shit. Here's a brief description of what happened. So after getting my O Level results, which were reasonably well, I was figuring out the courses I wanted to enroll. Being an avid gamer, my first thoughts were with my computer, and God forbid I hunt down the demon who convinced me to take up a programming course, the epitome of nerd, the punchline for every #foreveralone memes on 9gag. I.was.there.for.three.whole.fucking.years. I did try to get a transfer but apparently, there were a few hundred applicants for 6 seats. So even though I did well for my interview, unless they were fucking liars (Hi Ms Gamar), I was left out in the cold.

Things went pretty okay from then though; clung on somehow and survived, and to think I'll be done with school in about 5 weeks. My work is a-okay I guess, considering that I have enough time on my hands to do THIS. Alas, I'm left pondering my future once again, having trashed this course like an angry rottweiler, having depleted my pool of expletives in an alarmingly short period of time, I ask myself, "what now?"

Just minutes ago a fellow colleague bemoaned the fact that there were no public holidays in the month of February, and I was left chuckling to myself. Oh, silly lady, I'll be gone on the 16th, so I don't give a shit! Enjoy the remaining time spent stuck in a dead end public service job~
Then it struck me, I NEVER, EVER WANT AN OFFICE JOB. I'd rather feast on my own waste than idle my time away in an office, gaining a belly due to the lack of movement, and falling ill because apparently office people know not what hygiene is. I mean what the fuck, some of these so-called executives can't aim for shit in the urinals for God's sake.

There's this nerd in my department right, holy shit do I dislike him. From the very first day when he dropped that CD onto my desk, I pondered the possibility of him being raised in a chimp enclosure, because in the coming days, I saw enough traits on him to give Darwin's evolution theory another go. I mean this guy, walks, talks, laughs and behaves like a bleeding monkey. To cite an example, as a normal, evolved human being, you walk like this:


I shit you not, that guy walks like this:



At this point I guess I sound a teeny bit superficial, so I'll tell you some of the stuff he does.
Like every monkey, he doesn't know how to react when something out of the ordinary happens, like when he coughs or sneezes. Apparently it's NOT common knowledge for him that he should you know, cover his mouth so saliva and assortments of whatever chimp disease he has doesn't spew from his mouth in all directions. It's good to note that I name him as the prime suspect that I seriously ill for a couple of days, starting from when he began to cough in my face.

Additionally, you know how monkeys like to annoy you by disrupting your peaceful day in the park? Yeah well, so there I was, with my week in the office well-planned and ready to be executed, this bumbling baboon came in and shoved in his own workload for me. Oh mind you, until that point, he was away for a week and he wasn't even my supervisor, just a fucking nobody. Evidently, he, like a typical chimp, didn't like it when I told him I was already busy that day because you know, they can't understand English; so he raged at me while I smiled back. What, didn't your mother teach you not to make fun of retards?

Ah well, I suppose I'm not that mad at him, just amused that this company employs animals as technicians; what a way to blend with environment!

That aside, oh my god have you ever tried talking to the staff in your company? It's stupidly awkward! Some people are alright I guess, although the constant Twilight reviews can get a little bit annoying. Simple chit-chats are nice, but I wouldn't sustain a conversation with them, for the very simple reason that there's absolutely nothing we have in common. It's sad really, that a good number of them are only in their early 20s, and it seems like I've been talking to my mother. I think being stuck in an office environment does that to you; you lose your sense of creativity and perhaps even the youth that once graced those people.

Another reason to not hold a job like this is the very fact that, my life is probably going to be pretty damn short. It's a scary thought that can wake me up from idling about, knowing that at any one point, I'll die, dreams unfulfilled, goals unmet, knowing that I'll never have a second chance to turn back and tie up those loose ends. I don't wanna die, not when I have mountains to climb, forests to get lost in, rivers to canoe, people to meet, girls to love, a life to live. Am I going to spend the bulk of my youth making phone calls all day long, typing emails and putting up with angry bosses? Fuck no. Not for money, not for power.

Hah, what a random post this has turned out to be.
Better start doing my work, jeezus. @.@

No comments:

Post a Comment