Sunday, January 8, 2012

So I've Heard

I'm grateful for nightmares, because after waking up from them, you realise just how good real life is.

So Asian parents wonder why they're so misunderstood. This is why; I was conversing with my mother about getting a piercing, and it went something like this:

Me: Mom, why won't you let me get a piercing?
Mom: Cause you're not supposed to do anything to your body.
Me: So why are girls allowed to get piercings?
Mom: That's different. It looks gay on guys.
Me: Are you implying that if a guy has a piercing, he's gay?
Mom: He does look gay.
Me: So if a guy looks gay, he is automatically gay in your eyes?
Mom: Dad thinks like that too.

..I almost raged. Okay not really; but it's still pretty gay.
Love you still Mom, but this logic is totally fucked.
And I don't blame them though, which is new because I usually blame everyone, haw haw.
But Asian parents were raised in such an environment, where their parents taught them how to judge by appearance, academic prowess and what not. It's like a disease that spreads from generation to generation. So if you've managed to break out of this disgusting cycle, you've found the antidote; please share, God damn it.

Speaking of diseases, the chimp is NOT at work today, so my Monday is going pretty well!
Also, good luck to the people taking their O Level results back! I remember when I was taking mine as well. Fuck, I wasn't even inside the hall listening to the principal's statistics about how badly we've done, and I was already shaking with nervousness. (STOP LAUGHING)
One thing you should know about me is that, throughout my 4 years in secondary school, I've been surviving on borderline passes. Even my English, which I was supposedly good at, was utter trash. My all-time low medal was awarded to me when I scored a grand total of 0 for my physics test. ROFL

So you know, I was like, on the highway dropout express, bound for the great life as a MacDonald's cashier or something. Anyway the rest is history. By history I mean, never-want-to-recall-that-shit-again history.

Oh by the way, remember the staff who was complaining about the lack of holidays? Yeah she's back! This time, its about how the public transport will be filled up come April, with the influx of poly students. And I'm like bitch pleaaaase, 5 more weeks and I won't even remember your name. My cousin and I have been planning our itinerary for the final week of internship, which includes but is not limited to: Curry, lots of it; seafood, more seafood, even more curry, a sleepover, beer, even more beer, and a hangover.

Happy 12th week of internship everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment