Monday, December 10, 2012

Resistance

I've just finished reading the final book of the Power of Five series and it was an amazing journey. I felt the same sense of departure as I did when the Harry Potter series ended too.

I wonder what's gonna happen to be in two years, or maybe next year, or this month, or even tomorrow. Sometimes I feel like a lab rat being forced to go through the motions over the last 20 years. If the world ends tomorrow, what kind of life would I have lived? Nothing! Just studying without a cause, working aimlessly because I was told to, before spending the last days in camp.

How many of you aren't ready to die yet? You can't be so certain that you'll live to a ripe old age, having done everything you've always wanted to do before passing on peacefully without a care in the world; without regrets. This concept is so beautiful, and it could've been, in an ideal world. Except that we're nowhere near that world, and who's to say that I'll still be alive the next day.

What are the thoughts and images that will run through your mind as you drift further away from your body? Knowing that some things happen once in a lifetime, and losing that opportunity will close that door forever; it's scary to even fathom that all that anticipation do travel, to play on a cosmic sized playground that is the Earth - will come to a shuddering halt, just like that, like a flame on the candle extinguished in a hurry, so will the light of your world.

And truthfully, I hate this country, I hate how the people have turned into robots, and the rest of us are too afraid to stand out, afraid to be judged by the scornful eyes of society. When will we realise that there's no more time to sit back and let fear control our lives. And most importantly, when the light of your life goes out, will you be able to accept that fact and die in peace?

If everything ends tomorrow, I'll be turning in my grave.
I don't know about you.

I won't rest in peace, at least now until I leave my mark.
You should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment