Saturday, December 29, 2012

Blind, but now I see.



As a Christian, I've been raised to believe that everything happens for a reason, no matter how unfair they seem. I've been taught not to doubt God's ways because He works in mysterious ways.

But I cannot ignore the deaths of innocent lives and dismiss them as just pieces of the bigger picture. To say that one has to die for a divine purpose is absurd at the very least. I'm deeply uncomfortable that we live our lives under the illusion that we have free will, yet our destinies are predefined by a higher being. What then, is the use of free will, when we are ultimately, at God's mercy - pawns on a galatic chessboard to be sacrificed at any strategic moment.

From a biblical point of view, yes we are given the gift of eternal life, even though we are unworthy, but when we pledged our lives to God, this isn't really what I'd expected, to be disposed of with such ease that I tend to wonder if my life had any value from the start. Why work so hard, to achieve so much, when you can lose them all at the snap of a finger.

Forgive me Lord, but did you hear the cries when you were preparing to take their lives? Did you hear the muffled laughter of those fiends as they were realeased from prison, free to wreck havoc once again?

Justice is blind, justice is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment