Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mr Sandman



It seemed like yesterday, when I wrote the post about how quickly 2011 ended, and here I am, about to write about how quickly 2012 has come and gone. Humanity has a funny practice. We'd constantly rue the missed opportunities to be productive throughout the year and then resolve to rectify that the following year, but the same cycle repeats itself over and over again.

We're an odd bunch of people; we never learn. We take things for granted, and mourn when those things are taken from us - only to take things for granted once again, when things stabilize. That's humanity in a nutshell for you. We only react to pain, and its absence comes ignorance and the false assurance that things will be alright.

A man married his childhood sweetheart. But over the years, he caved in to lust and was unfaithful to her. Soon enough, his wife died of an illness and he wept for days. He felt terrible for the things he'd done and swore upon her grave to change his ways. A few more years passed and he was walking along the street at night. A voluptuous night walker offered her services to him, and once again, he succumbed to his desires, ignoring whatever resolutions he'd made for himself.

The moral of the story? Don't trust a fucking man. Ha, I'm half-kidding.
Let me end the post with another story, this time from personal experience.

I used to be annoying when I was younger, and there was this girl back then who would stick her nose up whenever she saw me. Years passed and I thought I'd try to start again, in the capacity of a changed person. She apologised for being mean and promised to treat me better. That was last year, and I'm still waiting for that change. 

People never change, do they.

That's why next year, I want to stop being human, because if you think about it, it's not too bad a deal.

After all, they say that most humans are worse than beasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment