Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What government job?

So, now that I'm done with my guide, I will return to my regular schedule.

I think getting to scan files turned out to be a blessing in disguise, cause I've had the opportunity to look into the files of many ex-staff and find out why they left. I was hoping for some drama within those nasty pages, and I wasn't disappointed.

The most common reason for leaving was the absence of any prospect at all. Just a few days ago, I heard someone from the HR Department talking to a potential staff over the phone. From the conversation, I gathered that the starting pay offered here for the same position is a few hundred dollars lesser than what other companies are offering. That's pretty sad. You'd think that a government organization would offer a more attractive salary scheme, but the ugly truth is that you'll probably be stuck in the same position for the rest of your working life. The hierarchy here sucks too; there are very few managerial positions available, so unless that said manager is removed, one simply can't progress as far as he'd like to at all.

What about the environment? I'm sure there are good points about it right? Well, yes and no.
Yes if you're working in one of their branches. Having been able to visit each one of those branch offices, I find the staff there friendlier and more relaxed, and I was able to have decent conversations with many of them. Back in HQ? Fuck no. It's a stiff sheet of awkwardness in there; like there's some kind of penalty for being pleasant, and everyone's all blank-faced and awkward. I guess that's what happens when you get stuck with an office job for too long. It literally steals your soul.

That said, I don't really want to give a fuck about the affairs of the office any longer. It's like I've stumbled upon a forbidden book and I desperately want to put that shit away, never to be seen again. People ask when I'm gonna be old enough to get used to working world, and truthfully; never. I don't want to learn the morals of society; which is utter garbage btw; and I don't want to be known as a working adult. I'm just me, and that's how I'd like it to stay.

Hi I'm Benjamin Lestrange and I'm one crazy motherfucker.
Who might you be?

No comments:

Post a Comment