Monday, February 6, 2012

9 More Days - Job Advance

Eagerly counting down the days to freedom (which by the way explains my long absence), I take a stand against the company that has so far, been less than worthless to my academic journey. Key word: academic.

Not that I've ever cared about my education since picking up that IT course, but this internship really sums up the amount of stuff I've learnt in poly. So with my shitty GPA, what's next for me? Going to a government university seems close to impossible, and going into a private one is just too damn expensive.

Just then I realised that the best direction in life is to go live like a nomad.
What do I mean? Well I don't mean literally live like one.. oh wait that's exactly what I meant.
I find it amusing when people say things like, "If I had a million dollars I'd travel around the world!" That's how much people these days have stopped relying on themselves. Whenever you think of a vacation, what's the first thing that pops up? An airplane; taking a nap on your seat while the pilot whisks you off to your destination. Food; choosing chicken over fish while your look at your menu. Movies; watching a quick in-flight entertainment. And finally, hotels and shopping centers; cause you know, you can only find those OUTSIDE your country.

Whatever happened to traveling by foot, or by a bicycle? You tell me its impractical and stupid, but that's because you think traveling by plane is so much easier. And whatever happened to going to a foreign land for a taste of gee I don't know, foreign culture and scenery?
These days, all I hear is, "Hey lets go to Bangkok, because at Chatuchak, they sell LV bags for 10 dollars!!!111one!" No shit, I bet our everyone would be soooooo jealous with our new swag!

This is why I hate traveling with some of my relatives, especially my grandma. Sorry gran, but you walk too slow and have to rest every 10 minutes so it takes like an hour to cover a couple of streets. And god damn my little cousin, such a poser. I mean come on, you're only 11 and you think you know how to work a Nikon camera? Omg yay you've added like a hundred shitty pictures to my memory card, thanks kid!

Oh deary me, I seem to have gone off-topic. I'd like to end with something to think about.
The world is your playground, so stop hiding in the corner and come play.

No comments:

Post a Comment