Tuesday, February 7, 2012

8 More Days

So it's Wednesday and that means part 2 of my mini series as I edge closer to freedom.

I, like most people, grew up believing that time passes when you're having fun but crawls otherwise.
That was startlingly true back in secondary school. The endless math lessons, the endless cycle of school, sleep and school; I can't stress enough how happy I was when I finally graduated.

When it came to internship however, I realised that time passed really quickly, even though being exposed to the corporate world was notably more exhausting and ridiculous. Upon reflection, I can't believe how wrong I've been. Time seems to crawl only when you don't have anything to hope for. When I was in secondary school, I never had anything to look forward to. Now, having come to appreciate the tiniest things in life, I have everything I need to give me hope even in the crappiest of days.

I look forward to having lunch with my cousin.
I look forward to walking down those flights of stairs on the way down.
I look forward to boarding the bus that will ultimately take me home.
I look forward to my mother's cooking when I finally reach home.
I look forward to taking a hot shower and then diving into my bed.

Most of all,
I look forward to the last day at work when I can give every single asshole the good ol'



HOPE. I HAS IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment