Tuesday, April 2, 2013

You Only Live Once

I've always contemplated doing things that could potentially affect my future in a major way, and it's fair to say that one doesn't simply take risks for the sake of it just because "you only live fucking once". 

But that shouldn't stop you from doing what you want and need to do in your life. When I was younger, probably like 15 or 16ish, when I had the ability to chart a list of things what I'd like to do, but at that time, I was too afraid of getting judged by other people so I just gave up. So slightly about a year later, I realised how much time I've wasted just being afraid, instead of doing the things I want to do to make my life a better one.

Now I've said this before but I need to remind myself again, that the worst way to die is with regrets. Who fucking cares about the money and power that dies with you when you should leave with one single "if only I had.."

It scares me sometimes, that my parents would, out of good intentions, push me along the "safe" side, getting a degree, get a good job, earn money and be happy, blablabla, the usual stuff. I don't know when I'm gonna die, it could be tomorrow, or next year, or right after finishing school and getting my degree. What would I have lived for then, studying my ass off, serving in the army (fuck Singapore, by the way), and basically just wasting my entire life away. Society says that a person who just goes out and has fun is wasting his life, but that's exactly what people need to do. There are so many things out there, waiting for us, and quite honestly, no one's really gonna stop us from taking what the world has to offer. If you want to travel, stop sitting your ass down at home, get the fuck out and go there.

It's a good thing that I don't have the ability to know what my future holds, because knowing takes away all the fun. Let's backtrack a little for a short opinion-peppered rant. Why on earth would Adam and Eve think that being God is a good thing. If I knew every fucking thing that was gonna happen, I'd be bored to shit. I don't want to experience something and go, "Oh fuck I've already seen that, so no biggie."

I'm not good at writing long posts, which coincidentally, is something I'd wanna do eventually. I've wasted a good 5 years being afraid of everything, and tonight, I (and hopefully you) will make a point to stop doing that. Stop being afraid of how others will judge me, and to stop wasting my precious time trying to be the person that society wants me to be. I'll start doing the things that I wanna do, and fuck everyone who has a problem with that. I won't give a shit, and neither should you.

It's time to make a difference.
You only live once.

No comments:

Post a Comment