Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Christians

Being a Christian myself, I wanna say that I don't mean any offense to my fellow Christians reading this, but there are a few things that have been bothering me that I needed to get out.

Now when it comes to religion, I'm definitely not pious, nor do I keep to its teachings faithfully. In fact, some of my friends have a hard time believing that I'm a Christian.
Thanks guys.

That said, I do however, know enough about it to be annoyed by some of the things that Christians are doing. I'm sure many of you can relate to this - you're walking along the street/school corridor/basically anywhere with people just minding your own business, when a bubbly youth comes up to you, push brochures into your hands and ask if you're interested to attend their "fellowship event." You politely decline, but they're pushy and they won't give up, even though this time, you see their smiles fade a little, and you swore you could see a hint of annoyance, or maybe they're more tolerant of rejection than you thought they would be.

I could quite possibly be the first Christian ever to say that Evangelism is quite a load of bullocks; but then again I'm quite a twat so.. But to be fair, I don't see why Christians insist on shoving religion down everyone's throats. It's like one's preference of food. If I don't wish to eat a certain kind of food, I don't care how much of it you're gonna feed me, I just won't swallow it, and the more you try to do that, the more I get the urge to spit it in your face. That's a lot like evangelism if you ask me. If people are interested, they will approach you, just like how if I'm hungry for something, I'll go get it myself.

And I know what they're gonna say, "Ohhh but we WANT to get everyone saved, we don't want anyone to go to hell." Well thanks for claiming religious superiority and insulting every other religion, guess that would really help bring people to your church yeah? I know of people who also say things like, "Well ours is the real God while you're just worshiping a wooden block, a devil."
Fuck off.

Christians are always in a rush to preach to people, but they forget to lead by example. They go around judging everything, trying so hard to lead lives they can't maintain, and then wonder why people keep judging their religion. There are so many things that I want to say, but I'll leave that for another post. But my point is, you want to bring people to church, then you can start by shutting the fuck up.

You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I do agree with what you say about pushy Christians and all..but still I think I'm guilty of not opening myself to sharing the gospel..as in not in street evangelism but just to friends..evangelism is good and is what God would encourage, as I interpret from the Bible but definitely, being pushy is not.. :D chill yea

    ReplyDelete