Thursday, April 11, 2013

Habits

Short post, it hit me while I was in the showers today.

The restroom near my bunk has a hose which I can use to shower. Needless to say, it's quite powerful. There are cubicles, but I'd much rather use the hose as it feels better.

Earlier this morning, I was brushing my teeth while using the hose, after which I proceeded to wash it when I was done. With the hose, washing the toothbrush and the mug would have been so much easier than washing them with the tap. Out of habit however, I momentarily forgot that I had the hose in my hand and washed the toothbrush and the mug with the tap anyway.

Haven't we all experienced this one way or another in our lives: we possess a new tool with so much more power than the old one, but yet we choose the less efficient way to go about it simply because we're used to it; because we're more comfortable with it.

Great people adapt to the circumstances presented to them; they don't stick to old habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment