Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Downhill

It's always difficult to judge my own standard, especially when it comes to writing, because sometimes I might be overly biased about it, and sometimes I might feel good about it and relax my judgement. Having a writer's block these past few weeks has really taken a toll on me. It's like I feel that I'm unable to come up with anything witty or insightful, and even if I do have an idea, I'll probably dismiss it as garbage and never work on it again. Perhaps this is what being a writer will eventually be like for me, having to deal with these negative situations and how I'll have to find ways to beat the odds and meet deadlines, all while producing top quality content.

Writing feels like a game of roulette sometimes. I spin my wheel of a mind and hope that a good idea clicks and formulates. After which, I tend to think twice about venturing; will I just stop the idea there, or risk going nowhere by trying to expand it. An accomplished writer once said to never doubt my own gut feeling about these sort of things, but sometimes these feelings often come with disappointments and I'm filled with so much self-doubt that I never want to think about it again. It's scary to think, that my escapist mentality might have ruined several good ideas.

In all, I apologise for the seemingly poor (at least in my books) content during these few weeks, and if you have been reading and following my mildly disturbing blog all these while, thank you for putting up with it. I'll try my best to come up with something better next post. No really, I will. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment