Friday, February 1, 2013

1992

It's funny how I'm bemoaning the fact that I'm 21 and more exposed to problems that adults have to deal with when just 10 years ago, I couldn't WAIT to turn 21 and be an adult. Of course as a child, I had no clue about what an adult has to go through, because my biggest problem back then was deciding on which cartoon show to watch, or which computer game to play. And I guess these problems slowly crept in, and all of a sudden, it imploded right after I turned 21, like a banner that reads, "Congratulations on turning 21, now deal with these."

Thanks age, thanks.

We can't stay sheltered forever though, and soon we'll all have to worry about taxes, bills, starting a family, getting a job, and all that jazz. Unless you're a rich kid, in which I'd be obliged to give you a complementary "up yours". But on hindsight, it goes to show that what you do with your life will eventually affect your child's as well. And that kinda makes me want to think twice about having a kid (nothing about reevaluating my life at all. Yay, let's evade the primary focus!)

But in all seriousness, seeing how youngins these days are mostly fucked up and just plain disgusting, I'm not sure if I'd want my child to be born into a world where stupidity and materialism are worshiped - it's like giving birth in a gay bar.

That said, this year has been interesting so far, and now that money season is coming up, that means embracing the calorie-laden pineapple tarts and bulging red packets!






No comments:

Post a Comment