Saturday, April 21, 2012

Vizier

I think most people today focus on the wrong kind of attire. When I say smart dressing, you'll instantly think of starched shirts, matching ties, sleek black pants and shiny new shoes.

Or if you're still in school, to be properly attired means shirt tucked in, school socks pulled up so people can see the school logo, cause you know, people LOVE looking down at your legs just to admire your socks. Oh and, you need to have a neat haircut to match. And when I say neat haircut, you'll replay what every discipline master has said a thousand times: black hair, fringe not below the eyebrows, and not touching the collar at the back.

This to me, is pretty much garbage, and for a good reason too. I'm not the type of person who goes around not adhering to the rules of society because it's cool or because I wanna be some hipster rebel. The reason why I'm not a fan of smart dressing, or so people claim it to be, is because they're getting the concept all wrong.

I feel that the most important pieces of your attire aren't what you can buy at retail stores; namely, your expression, your attitude, your character, just to name a few.

Of course, I'm going to notice what someone wears, but that's only for the first ten seconds. Everyone's saying, "Oooooh, first impression counts." NO. That's like saying, "Quick, if you're a shitty person, dress like a prince and maybe shut the hell up for the entire event so no one will find out that you're an asshole." But seriously, when I start talking to that person, I don't give a shit about what he or she wears anymore, but what he has to say, and the glow that comes along with it. I obviously want to hang out with someone dressed like a hobo, but can keep me in the conversation for hours.

Contrastingly, if you hang out with the former, you'll probably just spend about five minutes talking about how nice he dresses.

Talk about awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment